Libraries Connected logo




Rights and citizenship

You might be interested in the following rights and citizenship information

Ask Us Wirral

Four local voluntary agencies have come together to deliver a new Information and Advice Service for Wirral. Funded by Wirral Council and Wirral Clinical Commissioning group, the new service ‘Ask Us Wirral’ is being delivered in partnership by Citizens Advice Wirral, Age UK Wirral, Wirral Change and Wirral Mencap. We offer wide ranging help across subjects that include the management of debt, problems with housing and rent, relationship issues and consumer rights. We provide advice in a range of different ways - • Through information available to you online • By help over the phone • In pre-booked face to face appointments with our trained advisers

n-compass northwest

From the 1st February 2017, n-compass Advocacy Service will be responsible for the delivery of The Wirral Advocacy Hub. The Hub will provide General Advocacy, Independent Mental Health Advocacy, Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy,, Care Act Advocacy and a Single Point of Contact

Wirral Council

Under the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 all people who are accepted for naturalization as a British Citizen must attend a citizenship ceremony

Information last updated 13 June 2017

National information

Citizens Advice

Check the Consumer section for advice on buying on the Internet, returning goods, rogue traders, choosing and comparing energy suppliers etc.

Law Society - find a solicitor

Search the database of registered solicitors, and find further guidance about paying for legal services, specialist solicitors, lawyers for businesses etc.

Legal aid

Find out about Legal Aid, eligibility criteria and how to claim it.

UK legislation

Search the official portal to the full text of all legislation from 1988 to the present day.


Register to vote or apply for vote by proxy.

Which? Consumer rights

Find sample letters, step-by-step guides to how to place a complaint and guidance on relevant legislation.

Write to them

Get help in identifying and writing a message to your local councillor, MP or MEPs.