Libraries Connected logo




Rights and citizenship

You might be interested in the following rights and citizenship information

Access Dorset

Access Dorset is a user led organisation and registered charity, run by disabled people, older people and carers. We work to remove the physical, attitudinal and communication barriers that exist and are faced daily by us.

Advice Dorset

Details of local advice providers who can support you over benefits, consumer advice, debt and money, discrimination, employment, health and care.

Citizen's Advice Bureau - Poole

The Poole CAB website includes information about contacting Dorset Adviceline, details of local drop-in sessions and links to the main CAB website. Poole CAB have regular drop-in sessions in Poole Central Library on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 10am-12pm.

My life my care

Bournemouth Borough Council, Dorset County Council and the Borough of Poole have brought together their advice and information about social care services into one website that serves all the people of Dorset. However, should any social care services be provided directly, this will continue to be the responsibility of your local council.

Information last updated 28 March 2017

National information

Citizens Advice

Check the Consumer section for advice on buying on the Internet, returning goods, rogue traders, choosing and comparing energy suppliers etc.

Law Society - find a solicitor

Search the database of registered solicitors, and find further guidance about paying for legal services, specialist solicitors, lawyers for businesses etc.

Legal aid

Find out about Legal Aid, eligibility criteria and how to claim it.

UK legislation

Search the official portal to the full text of all legislation from 1988┬áto the┬ápresent day.


Register to vote or apply for vote by proxy.

Which? Consumer rights

Find sample letters, step-by-step guides to how to place a complaint and guidance on relevant legislation.

Write to them

Get help in identifying and writing a message to your local councillor, MP or MEPs.