Libraries Connected logo




Rights and citizenship

You might be interested in the following rights and citizenship information

British Citizenship Information from Cambridgeshire Couny Council

The Nationality and Settlement Checking Service is a partnership between the County Council and the UK Border Agency, to enable you to have your application form and documentation checked when applying for citizenship and settlement in the UK. The Council’s Citizenship Team is registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner as a member of the Nationality and Settlement Checking Service. For both services the council does not give advice or answer queries regarding your application. Any queries you may have about eligibility, documents, forms etc should be directed to the Home Office.

Cambridge Citizens Advice Bureau

Website for Cambridge City CAB.Citizens Advice offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information services.

Citizens Advice Bureau: Rural Cambs

Information on the Rural Cambs CAB loactions and services, beyond Cambridge City. Covering, Huntingdonshire, Fenland, East & South Cambridgeshire.

Information last updated 30 September 2015

National information

Citizens Advice

Check the Consumer section for advice on buying on the Internet, returning goods, rogue traders, choosing and comparing energy suppliers etc.

Law Society - find a solicitor

Search the database of registered solicitors, and find further guidance about paying for legal services, specialist solicitors, lawyers for businesses etc.

Legal aid

Find out about Legal Aid, eligibility criteria and how to claim it.

UK legislation

Search the official portal to the full text of all legislation from 1988┬áto the┬ápresent day.


Register to vote or apply for vote by proxy.

Which? Consumer rights

Find sample letters, step-by-step guides to how to place a complaint and guidance on relevant legislation.

Write to them

Get help in identifying and writing a message to your local councillor, MP or MEPs.